This ethos is the heart of everything we do at DigitalStakeout.
- Mission: We enable the world to use data from social, deep, and dark webs to better protect people, locations, and reputations.
- Vision: We provide innovative, intuitive, and affordable solutions for pinpointing only the most relevant and actionable risks.
- Values: We believe in empowering people to mitigate risk to foster material and perceived improvements to organizational integrity and security.
Protecting privacy and civil liberties is an important aspect of any data analytics system. It is possible to protect privacy and civil liberties without sacrificing capability. Our technology and tools are intended for use to mitigate digital risk. The privacy controls we have in place go over and beyond any tool or technology in industry has in place to protect privacy.
Built with Safeguards
DigitalStakeout is designed with safeguards and oversight built into the overall system architecture. DigitalStakeout is proactive in protecting third party intellectual property rights, civil rights, civil liberties, and rights of privacy. It is a violation of DigitalStakeout’s terms of service for ANY customer to manipulate DigitalStakeout features to collect private & protected data.
The DigitalStakeout team goes to great lengths to discover ways how our customers can use digital monitoring tools to do their job, protect physical and digital assets, and execute their mission in a manner that does not infringe on public trust. The following controls are features that DigitalStakeout has implemented to assure the protection of individuals’ and groups’ privacy, civil rights, and civil liberties.
There are legal, technical, operational, and compliance features to prevent, detect and deter behavior that would be a risk to the public, customers, DigitalStakeout and its data partners.
- All social data that is processed by DigitalStakeout is publicly available and can be viewed by the general public. DigitalStakeout does not collect data by evading or reverse-engineering any end-user app, privacy setting, publisher API control or publisher technical control.
- All public sector customers (including law enforcement) have User IDs, Screen Names, and Image Avatars redacted & hashed from view in search results.
- There are many searches you can perform on search engines and social media sites that you cannot on DigitalStakeout. Automated controls employ a library of “stop words” to proactively protect against the creation of non-compliant searches/alerts/etc., e.g. for the purposes of individual or group tracking/monitoring political subjects.
- Privacy warning “tags” serve to alert customer end-users reviewing information with overtly disclosed information, such as but not limited to a geo-enabled post, disclosed information, and disclosed personally identifiable information (PII).
- Individuals with audit level access may review detailed logging, reporting, and alerting on DigitalStakeout user activity and system usage to detect/prevent misuse and ensure compliance with DigitalStakeout terms of service.
- The product does not assemble information about a particular individual or group to generate a profile (aka Klout) — e.g. related to patterns, behavior, beliefs, etc.
- DigitalStakeout products do not posses features that predict, “score,” or rate the likelihood of any particular actions of an individual or group.
- DigitalStakeout technology does not enable the annotation of data for the following:
- Alleged or actual commission of a crime
- Financial status or condition
- Political affiliation or belief
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious or philosophical affiliation or belief
- Sexual orientation/activities (including pregnancy)
- Trade union status/membership or affiliation
- DigitalStakeout compliance routinely audits and alerts Customers to stop searches that would be considered a violation of data provider terms of service.
- DigitalStakeout will terminate access to any Customer that knowingly infringes on a third party’s intellectual property rights, civil rights, civil liberties, or rights of publicity or privacy.
If you are a member of a privacy oriented organization or press and would like to:
- Inform DigitalStakeout to a potential violation of our Terms of Service
- Participate with DigitalStakeout on our trust initiative and advisory council
- Ask additional questions about our Corporate Responsibility efforts
Please engage with us at [email protected]. A member of our team will respond to your request as promptly as possible.